Electronic Connector Company looking for a Business Development Specialist
ECCO is looking to add a Business Development Specialist to our team in Chicago near Midway airport. We are looking for applicants that have a passion for selling, marketing and developing new customers. The successful candidate will join a team of experienced professionals and enjoy a supportive environment coupled with great training and tools to succeed. A bachelor degree or equivalent experience is required. If you, communicate well to others, are self -driven, organized and possess the ability to learn on the fly, this may be the position for you!
ECCO offers good benefits including 401K plus Health, Dental and Vision insurance options.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to set up an interview should this opportunity be of interest to you.
ECCO participates at the EDS 2013 Show at The Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas NV:
The annual Electronics Distribution Show, held recently in Las Vegas, had great information that our ECCO stakeholders & internal team should note. Here are my Top 5 EDS 2013 Take-Aways:
- I have never seen so many foreign exhibitors on the show floor as I did this year. From Chinese magnetic manufacturers looking for distributors, to lighting & LED companies looking for anyone to extend their reach, it was a site to see (and hear) the multi cultural aspects of our now global electronic component industry.
- ECCO conducted meetings over 4 days with suppliers, customers, and the media to better solidify our partnerships, share our vision, and work hard to accelerate our brand with smart advertising and marketing efforts. It was good to get feedback on how we are viewed in the market and the many opportunities that lay ahead of us.
- New products continue to be topics of consideration for our suppliers as legacy SKU’s and historically strong products give way to new technologies with focus on industrial, energy, and transportation markets. Less weight and higher speeds are what engineers are most interested in. Of course, superior price/performance value is dominant among key considerations for all customers in these challenging markets.
- The TOP 50 distributors were revealed and published by Electronic Sourcing Magazine, and while we deferred to be included in this years’ listing, we have cracked that group but have much “head room” to grow.
- My trip also included customer visits, and it interestingly seems that ECCO is very well liked by several West Coast customers. Which continues to give me confidence in our value proposition. The “even better news” is we have less than 1% of that available market’s connector revenues, and the sky is the limit there!
Outside of all the Las Vegas fun and those cool commercials on TV of the Cosmopolitan Hotel, it was mostly business and indoor meetings. However, I did have the pleasure of viewing the water show at the Bellagio, and conveniently enough, the Paris Hotel across the street just happened to pop into my camera lens. So enjoy this amateur photo from my smartphone enclosed here, and look forward to a bright future for Electronic Connector Co. (ECCO) while we climb that top 50 distributor ladder.
Onward & Upward!