Regarding US Special TARIFF Imposed on Chinese Manufactured Goods
July 5, 2018
Message from ECCO Leadership…
As most (if not all) of you are aware, the United States has imposed an additional tariff (on most products up to 25%) on imports from China effective July 6, 2018. This additional tariff will directly impact products within our industry and, because some of the manufacturers that ECCO represents provide us with connector components & assemblies originating in China, it may affect some of the products our customers purchase from ECCO (Electronic Connector Co.).
We fully understand that this additional cost may create unexpected financial burdens. Everyone at ECCO will continue to serve all of our Customers in an open, honest, and transparent manner. You all have my personal commitment that we will do whatever is in our power to mitigate any negative effects this tariff may have on your business, including;
- We are immediately available to review which, if any, of the products purchased from ECCO will be impacted by this additional 25% cost.
- We will communicate at the time an order is placed if any product on that order is impacted and (if possible) the associated tariff amount.
- We are able to provide North American originating components and assemblies from alternative sources for much of the affected product lines and can offer our customers the option to compare the costs of alternatively sourced parts at potentially lower prices.
- We will be able to provide our customers with the same exact product being used today, but at the increased price resulting from the associated tariffs.
- ECCO will in no way attempt to profit from this additional burden.
- We will continue to research alternative sources and solutions and can be available for conference calls to explore opportunities to mitigate the impact on you/your company.
- And, while the duration and total economic impact of these tariffs are unknown, we will continue to communicate any additional details as they are received.
If you have any concerns that have not been addressed please feel free to contact me directly at any time. While this may be a difficult time for many please know that we are all in this together and everyone here at ECCO will continue to support you in any way we can.