Standard Terms and Conditions for Internet Orders
EFFECTIVE June 1st, 2020:
FOR DOMESTIC ORDERS (Both a “Bill to” and “Ship to” USA Order) a $50 USD minimum purchase is required.
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS (Either a “Bill to” or “Ship to” Order with International origination or destination) a $150 USD minimum purchase is required.
By placing an order on the www.eccoconnectors.com website you agree to the following terms:
ACCEPTANCE AND CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
Each order for goods is subject to acceptance in writing by a duly authorized agent of Seller; any written acknowledgement of receipt of an order shall not, in and of itself. constitute such acceptance. Orders accepted by Seller may be canceled by Buyer only upon written consent of Seller. In the event of cancellation or other withdrawal of an order for any reason and without limiting any other remedy which Seller may have as a result of such cancellation or other withdrawal, reasonable cancellation or restocking charges, which shall include all expenses then incurred and commitments made by Seller, shall be paid by Buyer to Seller. Special orders for items not normally stocked are non-cancelable and non-refundable.
All prices quoted and goods shipped are F.O.B. Sellers facility. Title to and risk of loss of all goods shall pass upon Seller’s delivery to carrier for shipment to Buyer. Unless otherwise agreed by Seller in writing, Buyer shall pay all freight, handling, delivery and insurance charges for shipment of goods. Choice of carrier and shipping method and route shall be at the election of Seller unless specifically designated by Buyer. Seller shall not be liable for delays in delivery of for failure to perform due to causes beyond the reasonable control of Seller, which causes shall include, without limitation. acts of God, acts of omissions of Buyer or civil or military authorities, fires, strikes, epidemics, quarantine restriction, flood, earthquakes, riot, war, delays in transportation or inability to obtain necessary labor, materials or supplies. In the event of any delay, the contractual date of delivery, if any, shall be extended for a period equal to the time lost as a consequence of such delay without penalty to Seller. Seller shall be entitled to refuse or to delay shipments upon failure by Buyer to pay promptly any payments due Seller, whether on this or any other contract between Seller and Buyer. Seller shall have the right to deliver all goods covered hereby at one time or in portions from time to time within the time for delivery provided in such order.
- Unless otherwise specified by Seller in writing (refer to payment terms on face of Buyers invoice), payment in full or net amount owing, without offset or deduction, is due 30 days from date of invoice. If payment is not received within such 30-day period, a late payment of 1% per month of the unpaid balance or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is less, shall be paid by Buyer.
- All checks are accepted subject to collection, and Buyer agrees to pay all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees and costs. Any check received from Buyer may be applied by Seller against any obligation of Buyer to Seller under this or any other agreement, notwithstanding any statement appearing on or referring to such check. Acceptance of any partial payment shall not constitute a waiver of Sellers right to payment in full of all amounts owing from Buyer to Seller.
- Seller shall have the right to refuse to ship to Buyer on credit at any time and shipments made to Buyer on a C.O.D. or other basis shall be subject to the terms and conditions of sale contained herein. Seller shall retain a purchase money security interest in all goods sold to Buyer until the full purchase price therefore and any late payment charges have been paid.
- Discount terms not applicable to credit card purchases.
INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF GOODS AND PRODUCT RETURNS
Inspection and acceptance of the Products shall be Buyer’s responsibility. Buyer is deemed to have accepted the Products unless written notice of rejection is received by Seller within ten (10) days after delivery of the Products. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any use of any Products by Buyer, its officers, employees, agents or contractors, will constitute acceptance of those Products by Buyer. Buyer waives any right to revoke acceptance thereafter. Buyer shall report any discrepancy in shipment quantity or damage, and any claim for defective or non-compliant materials within ten (10) days after delivery. No return of Products shall be accepted by Seller without a Return Material Authorization (“RMA”) Number, which may be issued by Seller in its sole discretion. When a Buyer returns Product to Seller, subsequent to receipt of an authorized RMA Number, the Buyer certifies that the Products were purchased from Seller and there has been no substitution in whole or part of same product from another supplier, distributor or any other source of the product. Only Products originally shipped from Seller or from a supplier at Seller ‘s direction (drop ship) may be returned to Seller. Returned Products must be in original manufacturer’s shipping cartons complete with all packing materials. All Products for return shall be returned freight prepaid in the manner specified in the RMA. If returned Products are claimed to be defective, a complete description of the nature of the defect must be included with the returned Products. Not withstanding the foregoing, Buyer must include all applicable portions from any applicable military specification and/or all applicable portions from any previously agreed upon specification that provides objective evidence as to the claim for rejected Product. Any agreement to a specification must be evidenced by prior written approval from Seller’s Quality Manager. Products not eligible for return shall be returned to Buyer, freight collect.
SELLERS RIGHT TO INCREASE PRICES
Unless otherwise specified on the face of this agreement, Seller reserves the right to increase the selling price of any and all goods ordered by Buyer but not yet shipped from Seller’s place of business prior to an increase in Seller’s cost of such goods by Seller’s Supplier. The selling price quoted to Buyer shall upon an increase in price by Seller’s supplier be increased by the same percentage of increase in Seller’s costs for the goods and Buyer agrees to pay any such increased price in accordance with the terms hereof.
Seller’s prices do not include sales, use, excise or similar taxes. Accordingly, Buyer shall in addition to prices specified by Seller, pay any sales, use, excise or similar tax attributable to the sale of goods covered hereby, or, in lieu thereof, provide Seller with tax exemption certificates acceptable to the taxing authorities.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES
- Seller makes no warranties or representations regarding the goods sold. Seller disclaims any warranty respecting the merchantability of the products sold to Buyer or their fitness for any particular purpose or use. Seller agrees to transfer to Buyer whatever transferable warranties Seller receives from the manufacturer of products sold to Buyer. Value-added work performed by Seller will conform to applicable Buyer’s specifications relating to such work.
- Seller’s liability arising out of any sale of goods to Buyer is expressly limited to either 1) Refund of the purchase price paid by the Buyer for such goods (without interest), or 2) Repair and/or replacement of such goods at Seller’s sole discretion, and such remedies shall be exclusive and in lieu of all others. In no event shall Seller be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages of any nature, including, but not limited to, personal injury or property damage. Buyer’s recovery from Seller for any claim shall not exceed the purchase price paid by Buyer for the goods, irrespective of the nature of the claim, whether in warranty, contract, or otherwise.
Seller makes no representations that any goods sold to Buyer are free of the rightful claim of any third person by way of infringement, or of infringement of patent or trademark or the like and disclaims any warranty against infringement with respect to any goods. Buyer agrees to look solely to the manufacturer or licensor of the products with respect to any claim of infringement. Furthermore, Buyer agrees to protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Seller from all sums, costs, expenses and attorney fees which Seller may incur or be obligated to pay as a result of any and all claims and demands, causes of action or judgments arising out of or relating to any use, modification or enhancement of the goods purchased by Buyer unless such use, modification, or enhancement is approved in writing by the manufacturer or licensor of the goods.
Buyer shall be solely responsible for the installation and operation of the goods covered hereby, including without limitation the obtaining of all permits. licenses or certificates required for the installation of such goods.
USE OF PRODUCTS IN LIFE SUPPORT APPLICATIONS
Goods sold by Seller are not authorized to be used in life support equipment or for applications in which the failure or malfunction of the goods would create a situation in which personal injury or death is likely to occur. Any such use or sale of goods sold by Seller is at the sole risk of Buyer, and Buyer agrees to indemnify and defend Seller against and hold Seller harmless from all damages, costs and expenses, including without limitation attorney fees and costs relating to any lawsuit or threatened lawsuit, arising out of such use or sale.
TECHNICAL ADVICE AND DATA
- Any technical advice offered or given in connection with the use of any goods is an accommodation to Buyer without charge and Seller shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the content or use of such advice. Without Seller’s prior written consent, Buyer shall not use, duplicate or disclose any technical data delivered or disclosed by Seller to Buyer for any purposes other than for installation, operation or maintenance of goods purchased by Buyer.
- Any use made of ECCO classifications, whether it be ECCNs or any variation of Harmonized Tariff codes, is without recourse to ECCO and at the user’s risk. Export classifications are subject to change. If you export or re-export, your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any export classification by ECCO is for ECCO’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
All computer software if any delivered by Seller to Buyer is licensed pursuant to separate licensing agreements or other arrangements directly to Buyer from the owner of the software or other third party. Buyer acknowledges receipt of a separate agreement pursuant to which software delivered to Buyer is licensed. Buyer acknowledges that Seller is not a party to such license with respect to software supplied hereunder. Buyer agrees to look directly to the licensing party in connection with all maintenance, support, infringement and warranty claims relating to software delivered to Buyer hereunder.
In the event of any default by Buyer, Buyer shall pay all costs incurred by Seller in collecting any amounts due to Seller by Buyer, including reasonable attorney fees and costs. The waiver by Seller of any breach hereof or default in any payment shall not be deemed to constitute a waiver of any succeeding breach or default. In the event of default Seller shall have all remedies provided under the Uniform Commercial Code which shall be cumulative with one another and with any other remedies which Seller may have at law, in equity, under any agreement of any type or, without limitation, otherwise. The exercise or failure to exercise any remedy shall not prelude the exercise of that remedy at another time or any other remedy at any time. No action, regardless of form, arising out of, or in any way connected with, the goods furnished or services rendered by Seller, may be brought by Buyer more than one year after cause of action has accrued.
INTEGRATION AND ASSIGNMENT
This agreement sets forth the sole and entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements between them regarding the same. No course of prior dealings between the parties and no usage of the trade shall be relevant to supplement or explain any term used in this agreement. Acceptance or acquiescence in a course of performance rendered under this agreement shall not be relevant to determine the meaning of this agreement even though the accepting or acquiescing party had knowledge of the nature of the performance an opportunity for objection. No subsequent alteration of this agreement whatsoever binding upon Seller unless reduced to writing and signed by both Seller and Buyer. No agent, employee or representative of the Seller has any authority to bind the Seller to any affirmation, representation or warranty covering the materials sold under this agreement, and unless an affirmation, representation or warranty made by agent employee or representative is specifically included within this agreement, it has not formed a part of the agreement and shall not in any way be enforceable against the Seller. Any assignment of this agreement or any rights hereunder by Buyer shall be void without Seller’s written consent.
BUYER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Seller desires to provide its customers with prompt and efficient service. Accordingly, goods furnished and services rendered by Seller are sold only on Seller’s Terms and Conditions stated herein. Seller’s Terms and Conditions are not subject to any additional or different terms of the Buyer and Buyer’s acceptance is limited to Seller’s Terms and Conditions herein. Any conflicting statement or terms listed on the Buyer purchase orders, invoice, confirmations or other buyer generated documents (“Buyer Documents”) whether heretofore or hereafter submitted are negated and rejected by Seller’s Terms and Conditions herein, and all different or additional terms and conditions contained in any Buyer Documents are hereby deemed to be material alterations and notice of objection to and rejection of such terms is hereby given. Seller’s failure to object to any document, communication or act of customer will not be deemed a waiver of any of these terms and conditions. Seller’s performance of any contract is expressly made conditional on Buyer’s agreement to Seller’s Terms and Conditions of Sale, unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing by Seller. In the absence of such agreement, commencement of performance an/or delivery shall be for Buyer’s convenience only and shall not be deemed or construed to be acceptance of Buyer’s terms and conditions. If a contract is not earlier formed by mutual agreement in writing, acceptance of any goods or services shall be deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions stated herein.
This agreement and performance by the parties here under shall be construed in accordance with the internal laws (excluding the laws relating to conflicts) of the State of Texas including the provisions of the Texas Uniform Commercial Code. The parties expressly exclude the applicability of the United Nations International Sale of Goods. All agreements, covenants, conditions and provisions contained herein shall apply to and bind the assignees and successors in interest of Buyer. If any provision or portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, illegal, unconscionable or unenforceable, the other provisions and portions hereof shall not be affected. The several captions used herein are for the convenience of the parties only and shall not affect the instruction or interpretation hereof. Buyer warrants and represents to Seller that all goods shall be purchased for Buyer’s business or commercial use and not for Buyer’s personal, family or household purposes.